Sampler Workaround

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
gregstaa

Sampler Workaround

Post by gregstaa » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:01 am

Hi All,

Ive searched for a couple of hours now and only found material dating back to 05/06 so please if there are any current resources relating to this feel free to point me in the direction :)

I have the same problem as a lot of other people with using a sampler and when playing higher or lower notes getting the cycles running faster or slower. This wasn't an issue for me at first as i built up a waveform, resampled the hell out of it and got it sounding a way i liked which was cool, then i started fiddling around with an LFO and the filter envelope and got a cool sound. Trouble is when i play it across the keyboard the faster/slower cycles speed up and slow down the LFO which I don't want :(

Now i have read about different techniques like mapping multiple clips to a key range, 'distribute range equally' within sampler n stuff and can't get them to help me achieve what i'm trying to do. So my question is, How can i take the waveform i've built and apply the on board LFOs/envelopes in sampler without running into the cycling/speed issue when playing different notes?? Can it be done? if not is there any way to take my sampled waveform and apply LFOs/envelopes without using sampler?

Thanks heaps in advance!

longjohns

Re: Sampler Workaround

Post by longjohns » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:41 am

sounds like you are talking about the key% parameter,

which should determine the LFO frequency, vs. incoming note value