Output routing through Audio8DJ into 4 active speakers...?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
scrattyrat

Output routing through Audio8DJ into 4 active speakers...?

Post by scrattyrat » Wed May 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi,

I have added 2 more KRK monitors to my studio setup so now have 4 active KRK speakers.

I am trying to route audio into all 4 of them through outputs 1/2 & 3/4 of my audio 8 dj soundcard.

In ableton audio output settings I have set the output routing to enable all 8 outputs on the soundcard (checked every box), yet i only get audio out of outputs 1/2.

Is there a way to make the audio from ableton come out of outputs 1/2 AND 3/4? Or if not is there a beter way to hook up 4 active speakers in my studio?

Thanks!

Trent

Re: Output routing through Audio8DJ into 4 active speakers...?

Post by Trent » Thu May 05, 2011 4:40 am

You could do it by routing....Create a new audio track set the Input to Master and set the Output to Ext Out 3/4. And set the main out to 1/2. Or you could split the master output? There is always more than one way to skin a cat!

scrattyrat

Re: Output routing through Audio8DJ into 4 active speakers...?

Post by scrattyrat » Thu May 05, 2011 10:18 am

would splitting the master output have any adverse effect on sound quality etc? do you mean by getting a cable which splits?

I am also keen to get an active subwoofer, but again would have the issue of how to connect it up. There isnt a great deal of information on the net about how to setup multi speaker studio setups with active speakers. All google seems to yield is stuff about home cinema setups!

thanks