Download Live Packs for recording vocals??

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
lionsharz

Download Live Packs for recording vocals??

Post by lionsharz » Fri May 13, 2011 12:41 am

Hi,

I'm looking to download a Live Pack that is used for recording an acoustic guitar band / vocals. I have been using the program for some 6 years and I'd really love to see and compare my own eq and compression start points with anyone who has recorded lyrics / rock bands at a professional level. A set up with compression and eq for those critical areas like vocals and acoustic for guitars would be ideal. Anyone seen free or paid downloads like this?

Regards,

Neilo

H20nly

Re: Download Live Packs for recording vocals??

Post by H20nly » Fri May 13, 2011 12:57 am

you know... my first thought was what is this guy on about, Live packs are all about electro, but considering that i do vocals and record bass and have used much acoustic guitar in the past... i actually would be very interested myself to see if there are some clever pre or post recording type standardized considerations that others have.

i feel as though it could be a stretch, considering that each audio interface, the type of mic, pick-ups, etc. are different, but you never know.

so +1 for the off chance that its out there. i wanna see too.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

niksG

Post by niksG » Fri May 13, 2011 6:52 am

Ableton are currently offering the Dennis DeSantis Live Pack for free download. The pack contains a number of pads, electronic percussion samples and effects, and comes saved in ready to use Instrument and Effect Racks.The pack also includes an instructional demo. As with any free stuff, it's definitely worth a look!

lionsharz

Post by lionsharz » Fri May 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Hey,

I did the download and install of that Pack. But it is still only a sample based set that loads - there are no audio through channels for recording vocals, guitars etc with compression and eq set up.

From my own standpoint I've spent a long time working on ideas like vocals and melodies with less time spent on production. So now I'm really keen to see how other people are using Live to incorporate instruments and really get a more professional sound, especially with respect to male vocal compression and eq.

I've seen a couple sites where people swap or sell entire Live sets / Live Packs / Templates, but again all are electronic music ONLY. Anyone know of any bands or singer songwriters using Live as main DAWS to record lyrics?

neilo.