Macbook won't install Live Packs?!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
atopthepyre

Macbook won't install Live Packs?!

Post by atopthepyre » Sat May 14, 2011 1:01 am

Hello everybody, I just bought a new Macbook Pro, and finished installing Ableton Live successfully. However, now I'm trying to install the EIC 2 collection into Ableton, and while I'm not getting any error messages, ableton keeps freezing up on me every time I try to install a new pack.

Any ideas on why this would be happening on a BRAND NEW macbook? A few of instrument folders have been successfully installed, Brass and Choir, but but others seem to just freeze up the program all together. Any ideas on what I can do?

Thank you very much.

atopthepyre

Re: Macbook won't install Live Packs?!

Post by atopthepyre » Sat May 14, 2011 2:35 am

Turns out it's only the larger .alp files that keep crashing ableton (mostly anything above 1+ GB), so I'm assuming it's freezing up just trying to initiate the installation of the ableton live packs. All I have left to install are the Grand Piano.alp, Strings.alp and Woodwinds_v3.alp files. I'm realy anxious to get the last 3 installed, so if anybody could help me out it would be much appreciated.

thanks again! :D

longjohns

Re: Macbook won't install Live Packs?!

Post by longjohns » Mon May 16, 2011 5:26 am

define crash..

how many hours have you let it try to install?