Fender Mustang I not recording

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
RodChandler

Fender Mustang I not recording

Post by RodChandler » Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi,I recently got a Fender Mustang I That came with Live Lite and I have downloaded the proper drivers,Ableton can see the Mustang amp,yet when I arm the track the green meter barely registers the incoming audio and when I hit record and play my guitar it doesn't pick any of it up.

I am running Windows XP on a Dell laptop that is about 6 years old or so,if that helps any.

Any help at all would be appreciated,I would be about ready to pull out my hair if I had any left to pull.

Warrior Bob

Re: Fender Mustang I not recording

Post by Warrior Bob » Tue May 17, 2011 5:43 am

First off, the easy-to-miss stuff:
- Make sure the Mustang amp (which I guess has a built-in audio interface?) shows up in the Audio section under Preferences. It should be the "Audio Input Device." Make sure its inputs are enabled under the Input Config button.
- On your audio track, make sure "Audio From" shows your Mustang in the chooser, and the chooser below that should have the correct input. If you're not sure, click it - any inputs will show up with a level meter so you can see what it's getting
- Make sure "Monitor" is set to "auto" so you'll hear it if record is armed.
- Make sure record is armed (record button is red)
- Make sure there isn't some weird setting on the Mustang that you need to set before it sends audio down the line to the computer. If there is, set it. Check the manual.

It's hard to say without knowing more about your setup. If you could post a screenshot of your Audio preferences and your audio track, it'd probably help.

Good luck to you :)

Birddy

Post by Birddy » Thu May 19, 2011 11:39 am

Hi,

@ warriorbob, Nice to see that some1 ( no ABLETON worker ) is willing to help poor musician with ONLY LIVE LITE version. AS u can see ( and know for sure ) send a pics is in thise forum a pain in the butt.doesnt make it easier.

Like the most MUSTANG buyer / user . I tried to get that LIVE LITE version working : till now, NO WAY.

Since i couldnt EVER find a answer from ABLETON admin/ worker or whatever, i assume, they dont care at all. Finally the version we got is a gooddy to the fender amp.Some guys got that wrorking. For my part , i think is pure coincidence. Sorry , but i went through many many forum, and NONE know why it is working.The most KNOW why is not working ..... ( im too polite to write thr what im thinking :-)

Anyway, ty warriorbob for your try to help Mustang owner.

HAND u guys

KEEP ROCK ON
...S´cuse me while i kiss the sky...

Birddy

Post by Birddy » Thu May 19, 2011 11:57 am

@RodChandler

Forget that pain. Make it easy to work:

Buy a good mic, ( shure or sennheiser) for 50 bucks.

Use the mic imput of your soundcard. Record with NERO or whatever wave editor. If REALLY needed u can use LIVE LITE to remix your record. DONE!

Easy, fast,and IT WORKS.No extra driver needed, no pain.
on YOUTUBE u can get tons of videos showing you how to do. its easy.

HAND

KEEP ROCK ON

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Thu May 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Birddy wrote:Hi,

@ warriorbob, Nice to see that some1 ( no ABLETON worker ) is willing to help poor musician with ONLY LIVE LITE version. AS u can see ( and know for sure ) send a pics is in thise forum a pain in the butt.doesnt make it easier.

Like the most MUSTANG buyer / user . I tried to get that LIVE LITE version working : till now, NO WAY.

Since i couldnt EVER find a answer from ABLETON admin/ worker or whatever, i assume, they dont care at all.
Hi Birddy, sorry I couldn't be of more help - as for your frustrations, you can probably find an image host like ImageShack or something to host your images, which you can link to with the

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
tag on these forums.

Have you tried to get in touch with Ableton? Their support page is https://www.ableton.com/support, and there are some links for getting in touch with technical support. These forums are cool but they're not official support or anything. If you have one of their products I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out - they've been very helpful to me in the past.

Birddy

Post by Birddy » Thu May 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi Bob,

Tx for ur really appreciated attitude.
After a lot of hours , sweating due to the software, i found the issues of all my problems. its working pretty well now.well, i agree in that point : i didnt got in touch with the support.and..im a lil bit ..hm..impatient :-)

i fixed all problems. only one left : after few minutes sof recording, the amp send obviously a bad signal to imput. wich affect the recording quality..its a pretty scratching noise. the only way to stop it..is : power off on the amp. track stuck a that point, and continue to play after amp turned back on. atually , i dont know whats going on . but, i need to admit , that ( except that nois e signal, the quality of records are pretty good.well, the work around to get that working was a pain in the......and seems not many have same issues and solutions. weird.

Anyway, i will report here if i can fix the noise problem.and if some1 got a idea...post welcome.

Tx again bob.

HAND

ROCK ON !!! :-))

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Fri May 20, 2011 2:53 am

Birddy wrote:After a lot of hours , sweating due to the software, i found the issues of all my problems. its working pretty well now.well, i agree in that point : i didnt got in touch with the support.and..im a lil bit ..hm..impatient :-)
Oh yeah, I didn't mean it to be chastising, just as help - I think a lot of people go to the forums because they don't really expect the official help to be any good, because in a lot of companies it isn't. That's why I usually tell people to hit support; often it's genuinely helpful.

Would you mind posting the solutions to your problems? I've seen a few threads from Mustang owners here (did it come out recently?) and I figure lots of people will be having the same problems.
Birddy wrote: i fixed all problems. only one left : after few minutes sof recording, the amp send obviously a bad signal to imput. wich affect the recording quality..its a pretty scratching noise. the only way to stop it..is : power off on the amp. track stuck a that point, and continue to play after amp turned back on. atually , i dont know whats going on . but, i need to admit , that ( except that nois e signal, the quality of records are pretty good.well, the work around to get that working was a pain in the......and seems not many have same issues and solutions. weird.

Anyway, i will report here if i can fix the noise problem.and if some1 got a idea...post welcome.
I'm not sure what kind of scratching sound it is (a recording would be cool if you have a place to upload it... tindeck maybe?) but one thing that's really common is buffer size problems. If you're using ASIO or Core Audio, often times the audio buffer is too small and when the computer gets low on resources, it records static because it can't fill the buffer fast enough. Try making your buffer size something huge - double or quadruple its current size (you can do this in Preferences -> Audio). The latency will be really high, but if the scratches problem goes away, then you know the cause now.

I described buffers to another user in this thread and perhaps it will be of some use to you.
Birddy wrote: ROCK ON !!! :-))
Rawk! \m/_(><)_\m/

Birddy

Post by Birddy » Fri May 20, 2011 6:45 am

Hi Bob,

I can try to apply your suggestion , and increase the buffers size.All suggestions have to be done.maybe that work. I will let you know.

Well, i will try to create a step by step " HOW TO", then your right, this can help other. Fact is that im using Win7 64 bits, and as far as i could see, problems goes from XP HOME up to Win7, but it could be a " workaround " even for XP or other OS user.Upload pics here are a pain in the....
so :idea:
I will probably create a MAIL adresse, and send per mail this HOW TO , if some1 request it on forum ( and send me PM for MAIL ADDY )i send it to the user MAIl. Since i would like to create this "HOW TO" FOR ALL users, it will be pretty large in size. If i do something, i want make it simple , reliable and understandable to all.i can try a step by step,here on forum, but,i know,now,that many times the OPTIONS of Ableton AND ASIO / ASIO 4 ALL , can look different ( also OS XP and Win7, doesnt look same way )and this can be really confusing.

HAND

KEEP ROCK ON :)

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Fri May 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Oh, I wouldn't write a huge guide or anything... just little simple things like "oh yeah, it turned out the drivers were installed wrong" or "turned out ASIO4ALL wasn't enabled for the correct inputs".

Either way though, I hope it all works out for you.

RodChandler

Post by RodChandler » Sat May 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for the help guys.I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this thread,but it has been a busy week and I haven't been able to go online all week.I have taken all those steps WarriorBob and still no joy.I will try and do a screen capture as soon as I can and post it.I am fairly confident that there is probably just one small step I'm missing somewhere.

@Birddy.Thanks for the help,but I really want to get this up and going for numerous reasons and I don't want to resort to needing a workaround just yet.

RodChandler

Post by RodChandler » Sun May 22, 2011 1:40 am

[imgImage][/img]

Image[/img]

RodChandler

Post by RodChandler » Sun May 22, 2011 1:41 am

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Whoa, is that a Fender ASIO driver that is also being used by ASIO4ALL? I'm not sure if this is the problem or not but it seems like it should be one or the other, not both.

Birddy

Post by Birddy » Wed May 25, 2011 6:05 am

Hi,

I Posted a HOW TO here..called Ableton and win7.....

Could be a help in few step.

HAND

ROCK ON

RodChandler

Post by RodChandler » Sat May 28, 2011 3:21 am

Just an update.Thanks to all that gave advice and tried to help.I finally got it working.It turned out that I needed to go to Dell and get the latest HD driver download from sigma tel.Once I did that it started working as it was supposed to.