FCB1010 help

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
gdomusic

FCB1010 help

Post by gdomusic » Sun May 29, 2011 7:40 am

Hi all, I'm new to the board. I've been using Live in various capacities for about 3 years and have taken an interest in it's use for live looping. I recently purchased a used behringer fcb1010 from a seller on eBay. The unit seems new (original box, clear plastic on switches, etc). I have programmed the unit to send midi notes on one bank and to send cc on another as per instructions numerous tutorials posted on this board. My session in live 8 is set up with an input channel routed to 3 loop channels (monitoring off) that are routed to the sends for processing. All of that is fine. Routing works like a charm when I loop/clip slot record with mouse or launchpad. When I midi map fcb1010, it gets really hairy, really quick. In midi map, switches 1, 2, & 3 are mapped to the first clips in the the three loop tracks. They all appear to accept the midi note assignments. When I attempt to record a loop in the first clip slot, the clip will start when I hit the switch but will stop recording after one bar. The clip launch arrow is white rather than green. If all three of the loop tracks are record enabled, they all start recording indicating that they were all assigned to same midi signal (c1 for example) in addition to their own (d flat 1 or d1). The loops start to feed back erratically. The only way to stop them is to unarm the tracks and undo the recordings.

I attempted to assign one clip to one pedal/note. The clip would record but the clip launch was still white. While it was playing, I went into midi map mode and assigned a different pedal to the second clip. As soon as I
exited midi map it began recording the new clip and feeding back terribly. From what I could tell, the fcb was continuously sending a signal so that when preset one was pressed it kept transmitting. When I clicked another slot for mapping, that slot received the initial signal from preset 1 as well as preset 2, etc.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong? I believe I have a bad fcb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jess

mojofunk

Re: FCB1010 help

Post by mojofunk » Sun May 29, 2011 12:25 pm

If If you are on a PC, you can use a free tool called Midi Ox to see exactly what midi is coming into your computer, on Apple I don't know.

gdomusic

Post by gdomusic » Sun May 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Running a Mac. I downloaded the trial version of the Mac software editor. Everything looks good. Also downloaded Manuel's template. I placed the folder in Ableton's template folder and attempted to do a midi dump to the FCB. The dump icon would not highlight to allow the template to be transferred to FCB.

Thanks for the response
Jess

gdomusic

Post by gdomusic » Sun May 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Hey, I got it. It was my clip launch settings. I changed them from trigger to toggle. Problem solved!

wheat

Post by wheat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:48 am

mojofunk wrote:If If you are on a PC, you can use a free tool called Midi Ox to see exactly what midi is coming into your computer, on Apple I don't know.
On OS X, the equivalent app is called MIDI Monitor. It's a must-have utility for trouble-shooting MIDI issues. You get it here:

http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/