Problem with Launchpad and Ableton Drum racks

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jonnyham

Problem with Launchpad and Ableton Drum racks

Post by jonnyham » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:45 pm

Ive loaded in a Latin Percussion drum rack into ableton. Its the full kit so it has many sounds. When i do this and switch to 'user1' on my launchpad. I can only trigger a limited amount of pads within the drum rack. It seems there is sounds at the top and bottom of this kit which I can only activate with the mouse. I cant seem to scroll to these sounds with the direction buttons. Is there any way around this?

jonnyham

Re: Problem with Launchpad and Ableton Drum racks

Post by jonnyham » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:39 am

still having problems with this, only now im trying to trigger drum patterns in drumazon with my launchpad in user 1 mode and i can only trigger a select few, please help.

r_v

Post by r_v » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:33 am

One workaround is to place a MIDI Pitch effect in front of the Drum Rack (or other drum plugin), and adjust the pitch to access the cells which are out of the launchpad's range. It's not ideal, I know, but the launchpad only has 64 pads and there are 128 MIDI notes in a channel, so there are going to be limitations.

jonnyham

Post by jonnyham » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:46 am

thanks, thats a good solution.