Remebering MIDI mappings

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jonbongjovi

Remebering MIDI mappings

Post by jonbongjovi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:23 am

Hi Guys,

I've got an MAudio Oxygen8 25 keyboard that I'm trying to get to 'remember' or store midi mappings on. I know how to have all the knobs and sliders mapped in MIDI but it seems to lose the settings every time I start a new project or restart ableton.

Also I would like to know how I change channels through using the buttons on the keyboard rather than selecting them with the mouse. Is this possible?

Cheers,
Jon

yur2die4

Re: Remebering MIDI mappings

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 am

First thing I'd recommend is looking into 'user remote scripts'.

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 am

I think 2 ideas might help here:

1. MIDI mappings in Ableton Live are stored in each Live Set.
So if you set up some mappings you like, save that set, and use it as a starting point.

2. "how I change channels through using the buttons on the keyboard rather than selecting them with the mouse"
Look up "Mackie Control emulation" at this forum. Long story short: some controllers do let you "move" from track to track, and scene to scene. The Mackie Control does this, for example. It's possible to trick Ableton Live into thinking a Mackie Control is connected. The trick you've got to find out, though, is how to get your keyboard to send the same MIDI notes, on MIDI channel 1, that a Mackie sends, for each button. I've done it with a MIDI pedal, and with a Trigger Finger.

Click link in my .sig here, and jump to the end of the thread to get a head start on that. I think there are similar tricks based on other controllers, but this is the one I learned about (here) and started using.

jonbongjovi

Post by jonbongjovi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Ok so I edited my userconfiguration.txt file but it only seems like half the knobs are actually doing anything.. do I have to go and see what CC value each knob gives then map it into the .txt file? Also how can I choose or view what knobs correspond to what in for example the operator synth?