Imported Midi keeps resetting soft synths? help!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Simmo

Imported Midi keeps resetting soft synths? help!

Post by Simmo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:01 am

Hi All,

So, I import a midi sequence into Live 8 (either a whole file or just notes), I then change the instrument in the AU/VST (for example set Absynth to pad).

Every time I hit stop and play, the soft synth is reset to the first instrument.

I'm guessing theres a midi control command somewhere in the midi sequence that is telling the soft synth to reset but I cant find it anywhere

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Cheers, Simmo

chrk

Re: Imported Midi keeps resetting soft synths? help!

Post by chrk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am

Simmo wrote:I'm guessing theres a midi control command somewhere in the midi sequence that is telling the soft synth to reset but I cant find it anywhere
In the Notes frame of every MIDI clip there's dropdowns for Bank-/Sub-Bank-/Program-change. Set them to "None".

You can select multiple clips to set them all at once.

Simmo

Re: Imported Midi keeps resetting soft synths? help!

Post by Simmo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:10 am

chrk wrote:
Simmo wrote:I'm guessing theres a midi control command somewhere in the midi sequence that is telling the soft synth to reset but I cant find it anywhere
In the Notes frame of every MIDI clip there's dropdowns for Bank-/Sub-Bank-/Program-change. Set them to "None".

You can select multiple clips to set them all at once.
thanks chrk much appreciated

Cheers, Simmo