Synth out of tune when exporting tracks

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
starfckr

Synth out of tune when exporting tracks

Post by starfckr » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:39 am

Hi,

I have a bit of a strange problem, which i havent been able to sort out on my own yet.
In my new project, whenever i export it, one of the synths is constantly out of tune.

It sound good in ableton. And if i bounce the midi down to an audio track, and then export it, everything is fine.

Iam exporting to 44100, 24bit, and the synth is a cakewalk rapture.

Any ideas?

starfckr

Re: Synth out of tune when exporting tracks

Post by starfckr » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:31 am

Bump. Nobody has an idea?
This is really bothering me, and i am sure the solution is awesomely easy! :)

cholliet

Post by cholliet » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:21 pm

I have the same thing happening in Live 8.2.2 when exporting (rendering) audio from MIDI tracks. This has happened with Reason 5 and Sampletank 2.5. I guess no one else out there has seen this occur :?:

mastermind232323

Post by mastermind232323 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:56 am

WHAT IS THE ANSWER TO THIS?!?!?! Same g.d. problem here. WTF? I've tried everything. MMMRRRRRAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 am

What sample rate are you working with in Live prior to exporting?

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:53 am

any stray pitch bends at the start of the track?

djqazi

Post by djqazi » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Yep, it has to do with samplerate as cotdagoo predicted. Check that your audio interface is set to 44.1, then check in Live prefs that samplerate is 44.1. RESTART LIVE, then set export options also to 44.1. It worked for me: OSX, Sampletank2

Samaritan Sound

Post by Samaritan Sound » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Unless you prefer working in 48. In which case, what is likely happening is after exporting, you play the 44.1 export in another media player, but your interface is still working in 48 kHz, so the audio plays at the faster sample rate (and tuned sharp consequently).

djqazi

Post by djqazi » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Right, but this problem only has to do with instances of sampletank, not all the tracks in the session. In my case, instruments, drums, and audio samples played in key while certain instances of sampletank played very flat. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain that setting the SR value at the export page temporarily changes the master SR of the session while the export is in progress, regardless of what you have entered in the preferences.

Another difference in my case is that my interface (fasttrack pro) has no switch for SR, instead it has a "maximum sample rate" of 48k.
for that reason, my situation may be different than that of others who use a different audio interface.

blidard

Post by blidard » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:26 pm

In response to the detuning during export. I just ran into the problem and it bugged the hell out of me. I found a solution though. I had copied most of the midi note information onto different synths, and when I went into the envelope to change some of the pitch-bend parameters it would screw up my export. The solution is to go to your midi note clips, open up the envelope, click the button that says "linked". when your clips are unlinked you shouldnt have anymore issue with the detuning or pitch bend. I hope this helps.