Assign Impulses indivdual outputs to chains inside a rack???

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
10 Guitars

Assign Impulses indivdual outputs to chains inside a rack???

Post by 10 Guitars » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:26 pm

My first of probaly many ableton posts,,,,,,

Does anybody know if there is a way to assigin the outputs of impules to individua outputs to chains in a rack (say instrument rack) instead of OR as well as assiging them to mutiple Audio tracks?

If I was able to do this then i can not only keep things simple and tidy on screen but also save "Rack Presets" tat i could throw into a set on the fly,,,

Any Ideas? :?:

oddstep

Re: Assign Impulses indivdual outputs to chains inside a rack???

Post by oddstep » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:13 pm

it will be easier to create a rack of impulses - each with the effect chain you want for that drum sound. you could put the impulses in a drum rack.

10 Guitars

Post by 10 Guitars » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Maybe, but would more Impulses mean more CPU, and also, wouldnt the userbilty be affected because you are hving to switch between chains etc rather than working off the one impulse? thanks for reply tho

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Yeah it would take up more cpu. Impulse is pretty easy going tho. It would make the controls on the impulse less accessible. I would assign the eight impulse controls i use the most to macros on the rack containing the impulse array.
I suppose you could check out using monitoring on one of the sidechain devices to route audio around within a patch. I don't know if the path would persist once the device left the set though.. and i'd expect the cpu over head to be greater than the 8 impulse drumrack.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Best I can think of is using a device with sidechain input, and turning the monitor button on

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:57 pm

You could create an instrument rack and put an Impulse in it. Then create eight audiotracks and set the first drop down of "Audio from" to the instrument rack and the second drop down to each of the impulse slots. You could than select the tracks with the impulse and the audio tracks and group them. Drag the group to a folder on your drive.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+