scale of automation lane

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Davo

scale of automation lane

Post by Davo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:02 am

In the Instant Remix tutorial the automation lane scale is too wide to show the whole range of values. How to I change the scale so I can see the whole range?

Davo

Re: scale of automation lane

Post by Davo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:51 am

Is it possible to change the range of values that are visible n the automation lanes or do I have to scroll up and down?

Palmer Eldritch

Post by Palmer Eldritch » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:20 pm

You can resize every automation lane in the same manner as you resize audio tracks.
(Move your mouse to the (edit >) right side of the arrangement view where you can read the names of your tracks, then to the bottom edge of your automation lane. Now you have to see the resize icon as a mouse cursor. Click and move your mouse up or down to resize the lane).

cheers, palmer
Last edited by Palmer Eldritch on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live 8_3_4 + 4b7_32+64 -Suite- Max4Live 5_1_9 _ core2DuoMacBook 2*2,16 Ghz + external FW HD _ OSX 10.6.8 _ 3G RAM _ M.H. MIO 2882 + 5.4d208 Driver _ Faderfox LV1 _ Akai MPK25 _ Logitec wheel mouse _______ PeacE will be the SOLution of LIVE

Davo

Post by Davo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Palmer Eldritch wrote:You can resize every automation lane in the same manner as you resize audio tracks.
(Move your mouse to the left side of the arrangement view where you can read the names of your tracks, then to the bottom edge of your automation lane. Now you have to see the resize icon as a mouse cursor. Click and move your mouse up or down to resize the lane).

cheers, palmer
Thanks for your advice, but this doesn't work at the left of the tracks. If I move the mouse over the right side of the bottom of the lane it allows me to resize the lane but this just hides even more of the automation data.

I don't want to resixe the lane (I know I can do that). I want to alter the scale of the automation so it is all visible in the lane at once (to allow easier editing). Perhaps this is not possible.

David

luddy

Post by luddy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:39 am

AFAIK it is not possible. :( Something akin to the scaling that you can do in the MIDI clip editor would be great, where you can zoom out to see all the automation data or zoom in to do fine-tuning...

-Luddy

Palmer Eldritch

Post by Palmer Eldritch » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Davo,

- Yes, you are right, right, not left is right -

Now I see what you mean.
There are special parameter (in this case "chain selector") which behaves in a other way than most of the other parameter (e.g. Volume).
Only way is to have the "chain selector" as a macro.
In this case the automation will scale when resizing the lane.
But to scale the automation in a lane completely independent from the lane size is not possible yet.

cheers, palmer
Live 8_3_4 + 4b7_32+64 -Suite- Max4Live 5_1_9 _ core2DuoMacBook 2*2,16 Ghz + external FW HD _ OSX 10.6.8 _ 3G RAM _ M.H. MIO 2882 + 5.4d208 Driver _ Faderfox LV1 _ Akai MPK25 _ Logitec wheel mouse _______ PeacE will be the SOLution of LIVE