Automating The Clip Scrub

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
RaidenOffKey

Automating The Clip Scrub

Post by RaidenOffKey » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:05 pm

I just saw on a youtube vid you can automate the clip scrub function to preview and jump to different parts of the track. Anyone know how to do this as there no obvious place to set it up?

The function I'm talking about is at 5:18 is this vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmR5nefL_j8

Cheers!

yur2die4

Re: Automating The Clip Scrub

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:46 pm

In a clip's properties on the far left bottom are two double arrows. Those are for jumping forward and backward. If you turn on midi assign, I think a third button appears that you can sign a knob to. I think endless knobs give best results. There should be more detailed info in the manual (keep in mind that scrubbing applies in increments of the global quantization and only applies to the selected clip)

chrk

Re: Automating The Clip Scrub

Post by chrk » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:35 am

yur2die4 wrote:In a clip's properties on the far left bottom are two double arrows. Those are for jumping forward and backward. If you turn on midi assign, I think a third button appears that you can sign a knob to. I think endless knobs give best results.There should be more detailed info in the manual (keep in mind that scrubbing applies in increments of the global quantization and only applies to the selected clip)
You're right but for the very last point: It applies to any clip that is currently active/highlighted. If it's not playing it'll start as soon as you move the assigned knob but jumps only after the next cycle of global quantization. Setting clip quantization in the launch frame does not affect this.