Getting feedback from resonater when turned on - removable?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
feytus

Getting feedback from resonater when turned on - removable?

Post by feytus » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Hey people! I've just messed around with a track today, where one of the audio tracks is a sample that shifts between two resonators for sort of a melody thing (one of the resonators is tuned to one tone, and the other to another tone). The thing is, I've done it this way; to change tones, one of the resonators shuts off as the other is switched on, but whenever this happens, the resonator that switches on creates a disturbing sound that I don't want in my mix. I've tried to work around it, been looking for ways of automating which tones one resonator is set to at all times, by trying to tune the wet/dry effect down in sequencer mode etc, but nothing seems to really work.

I don't know if that explanation makes any sense, but anyway - any ideas on how I might get rid of this unwanted "feedback" from the resonator? Can I for instance automate one resonator to switch between two tones without getting the feedback? If so, how?

I'm using Live 8.0.4 by the way, on a Windows 7 computer. Any tips on this issue is much welcomed and appreciated! :)

mooncaine

Re: Getting feedback from resonater when turned on - removable?

Post by mooncaine » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:09 am

How about duplicating the track, and deleting one resonator from each... then cross-fade from one to the other when you want to switch? Or switch one track off, the other on, or automate each track's level?

Artyomusico

Re: Getting feedback from resonater when turned on - removable?

Post by Artyomusico » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Or you could put both resonators in a rack and create a crossfade between effect chains. Like in this foto (courtesy of i dont know who) Image
just stretch the chain bar at max value for both chains and then drag the little bar above to either side to create a fade.
PS. I love making drones out of numerous resonators by creating multiple chains like that.