Ableton with Win7 Sp1 64bit and Xboard49

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
shutthatdaw

Ableton with Win7 Sp1 64bit and Xboard49

Post by shutthatdaw » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello

I recently upgraded my system to 8G ram and to Win7 64bit. My keyboard which worked perfectly with Win7 32bit and 4G ram is now no longer seen by Ableton. Various people on the web say that their keyboards work with similiar systems, one saying that he needed no drivers at all it just worked.
The keyboard is not showing in the preferences of Ableton although my APC and Korg are. I have swapped leads, reinstalled the keyboard using the latest drivers (which are not really Win7 drivers but Vista) all to no avail. Wondering if anybody else is running a similiar rig and has had problems.

Any advice greatfully received

Thanks

XSIMan

Re: Ableton with Win7 Sp1 64bit and Xboard49

Post by XSIMan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Windows 7 64bit requires 64bit drivers for the gadgets you plug in. Your keyboard should have a 32bit driver and a 64bit driver check the website for your keyboard's 64bit driver.

shutthatdaw

Re: Ableton with Win7 Sp1 64bit and Xboard49

Post by shutthatdaw » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:55 pm

XSIMan

Thanks for your reply and advice. Strangest thing, I completely removed any and everything relating to E-mu keyboards, trawled through the registry and deleted every reference to it. As I mentioned in my OP I read that someone just plugged his in without loading any drivers or anything related to the keyboard and it worked, well now so does mine. Ableton picked it up straight away and there is an entry for it in the preferences. Why or how I don't know but it's working. Its now back to making music. Thanks once again