Lite to Full install questions

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Goseba

Lite to Full install questions

Post by Goseba » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 pm

I currently have a Lite version of Live installed and now have the full version (not an upgrade from my Lite).

Do I need to uninstall the Lite version, or remove any other files prior to installing Live 8?

Thanks.

m.o

Re: Lite to Full install questions

Post by m.o » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 pm

No, you shouldn't need that.

The new version will either install parallell or your old version will be 'upgraded', check on your account on ableton.com under 'Your Downloads'.

wheat

Post by wheat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:30 am

I've never needed to uninstall any previous version of Live in order to install a newer version. You wouldn't want to, as uninstalling would, I think, uninstall your Library, which is separate from the app itself (at least on OS X).

One thing I've noticed about upgrading on OS X is that the doc icon, if you have one, will still point to the old version, post-upgrade. You have to manually delete it and add the icon of the latest version to the doc (or just launch Live, right-click its doc icon, and choose Options --> Keep in Dock).

Goseba

Post by Goseba » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 am

I am on Win XP. It is only the Lite version which I will be replacing with Live 8.