Recording issues in ableton driving me crazy

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Ashly

Recording issues in ableton driving me crazy

Post by Ashly » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:01 pm

So the place I'm recording has ableton live 8 and I am recording through an m-audio NRV-10. The problem I keep running into is sometimes it will record fine, with no problems at all, and then, all of a sudden, it will lose the ability to record. It will say "The file"0001 2-audio-10.wav" could not be opened." I have no idea why it does this out of no where. We have tried updating the software, the computer has recently been upgraded with more ram, there is plenty of hard drive space. Also sometimes when this happens the whole program will crash. Anyone ever experience this? It is making it extremely nerve racking to record anything in ableton!

Ashly

Re: Recording issues in ableton driving me crazy

Post by Ashly » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

and once it starts acting funny it wont even let me arm the track without giving me that response.....help!

Ashly

Post by Ashly » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:27 pm

I guess no one has run into this problem before then? Damn.

chrk

Post by chrk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 am

Clean up your projects.

The filename Live wants to write has most probably already been used in another Live Set in the same project folder ([project]/Samples/Recorded) or your temporary folder, if your set hasn't been saved yet.

Try renaming the audio-track, live will then patch together a different filename for your recorded clip.

Ashly

Post by Ashly » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks for the reply! I'll try that!

kotzer

Post by kotzer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:20 pm

hi all!

i know I am responding to an old threat, but i have the exact same problem, an i tried the above and even a reinstall!
the problem is still there!I searched everywhere on the net and in this forum but this threat is the only one that adresses this issue!
I really dont know what to do and it it totally killing my creativity, i am stuck woth NO workflow.
any help Much appreciated

kind regards,
Ivo

kotzer

Post by kotzer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:33 am

any takers?
my kingdom for a solution!

kotzer

Post by kotzer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 am

i guess another i will reinatall ableton and my soundiunterface drivers again. but since i allrerady did a live reinstall i have low hopes.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:00 am

I'd recommend scanning the disk for errors. If it's an external drive check all the connections and make sure the device drivers are up to date. If it's a laptop make sure you have all the power saving options disabled. Check for any settings that might cause the drive to power down.

I get a similar problem when I try to use my lacie external drive on the eSata interface. After a random time the drive just disconnects and then ableton fails with similar message. When I connect it via firewire or usb it's fine.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

kotzer

Post by kotzer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 am

thank you Crumhorn for your reaction.
I think my system is kinda old but well maintained, but i will look into it just in case.