loop recording?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
strat

loop recording?

Post by strat » Mon Dec 17, 2001 8:59 pm

Hello

I've downloaded the demo and would like to know if it possible to use Live as a loop-sampler like the Echoplex, Jamman or the more recently Electrix Repeater. As I can't seem to start/stop recording with my sustain pedal because I need both hands for playing my instrument.

btester

live as live looper

Post by btester » Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:36 am

Live should work really well as a live looper/sampler -- I've been using it that way myself. You would probably get a lot of use out of some midi bass pedals (like for those hammond simulators). You could use these to turn loops on and off and record loops with your feet while you play.

B.

strat

live as live looper

Post by strat » Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:05 am

How can I record with my feet? I tried using the 'midi-learn' function but it didn't recognized my sustain pedal.

btester

recording with your feet

Post by btester » Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:50 pm

Well, you'd have to use a set of midi bass pedals -- like a short keyboard that you put on the floor and play with your feet (you know, like a moog taurus). Anyway, use the keys to trigger recording and clip looping while your hands are occupied. You'd send midi note messages to Live.

Does that help?

B.