playhead is ahead of arrangement!!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
andy bez

playhead is ahead of arrangement!!!

Post by andy bez » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:42 am

hey

ive been using live since version 7 now all of a sudden im getting latency when playing my arrangement. for example when i press the space bar the sound is roughly half a second late and then when i press again to stop and it stops late.
i can play an instrument with no latency. its really annoying when trying to edit samples or do automation. ive tried other live sets and they all function correctly :roll:

ive read something about using 3rd party plug ins etc in front of native devices in a chain can cause delays???
ive tried turning 3rd party devices off but i still get the same problem! :evil:

any help would be great :mrgreen:

cheers andy

babkubwa

Re: playhead is ahead of arrangement!!!

Post by babkubwa » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:58 pm

same problem here.

Other sets are all fine.

only plugin I'm using is izotope nectar - and turning it off doesn't correct things.

No noticeable latency through the mic or with midi instruments - just the play head issue.

andy bez

Re: playhead is ahead of arrangement!!!

Post by andy bez » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 pm

my problem was due to ddmf eq plug in. i did loads of messing and testing then just stumbled across it. since i dont use this anymore everything seems ok. :roll: