Help with MIDI Settings

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
alex1fly

Help with MIDI Settings

Post by alex1fly » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello, I am having trouble with my MIDI settings. My APC40 controls the faders, the parameters, etc that it should, but I can't assign MIDI functions to it.

I've tried messing with the preferences in the MIDI tab, but with no luck.

Can someone help me navigate the MIDI settings so that I can assign functions to my APC40?

RokaMic

Re: Help with MIDI Settings

Post by RokaMic » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:51 am

I think I had this same issue with my Akai MPD26. I think its because your APC is using a preset. To define your own midi functions you must select a user definable preset from the preset selector on the APC itself (never used an APC so I don't know what this would be called). You maybe can even copy the default ableton preset to a user preset and then you'll still have all the other functions too. I hope this helps.

Boss Level Music

Post by Boss Level Music » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 pm

If I'm not mistaken, all you should have to do is enable "Track" and "Remote" for the APCs MIDI ports. You can also leave all your control surface settings as you normally would. Assigning a control should just override any default setting.

alex1fly

Post by alex1fly » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Boss Level Music wrote:If I'm not mistaken, all you should have to do is enable "Track" and "Remote" for the APCs MIDI ports. You can also leave all your control surface settings as you normally would. Assigning a control should just override any default setting.
Perfect, fixed it right up. I knew it was something in the preferences! Thanks a ton :)