gaming headsets and ableton?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ned rush

gaming headsets and ableton?

Post by ned rush » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 am

has anyone tried using a gaming headset as a mic and for sound in ableton? i seen a few around that are meant to be good and wondered if they'd work, just for a laugh mind...

RokaMic

Re: gaming headsets and ableton?

Post by RokaMic » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:11 am

I have some turtle beach's and they have some hiss through the mic, so I wouldn't recommend those. If you are wanting to get around not have an actual audio interface I suggest getting the Blue Yeti USB mic ($90 amazon) and download and install the ASIO4ALL asio audio drivers (free). I use both of these for my travel set up. Of course you will still need a set of headphones, your ipod earbuds should do. I'm about to drop so major doe on some Audio Technica headphones ($150 amazon).

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:51 am

i have a pair of dt-770s so i'm ok for headphones. just wanted to know if anyone had tried it? they seem to be mostly usb so i would assume you could load it as an audio device of some kind...

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:07 pm

If they're recognizable as an audio device, they should work. You're not going to get serious audio quality out of them of course, but I suspect that's not what you're after :)

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:21 pm

certainly not after audio quality, more as a way to monitor the master channel aswell as use to mic to record at the same time, in a live context, thought it could be fun to try a gig looking like a i work in a call center.

figured using soundflower with an aggregate device on mac would give me some routing flexibility.