Bass Bomb sync

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jonbongjovi

Bass Bomb sync

Post by jonbongjovi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm having difficultly with getting the operator that is doing the build up/sweep to sync with the operator that is doing the bass bomb/drop at the end of the buildup. Can I just use the single operator to do the build up then the drop? I've tried this but for some reason when I change the LFO on the operator doing the build it doesnt give the same effect.

Apologies for the noob question.

Cheers
Jon

Quantize

Re: Bass Bomb sync

Post by Quantize » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:16 am

Hi Jon,

I don't think I fully understand. If you have 2 MIDI tracks, each one containing an Operator you will have the MIDI clip for the build end as the MIDI clip for the bomb begins.

Is this a problem with syncing LFO's?

If you can provide a little more info i'll try and help you out.

Best.

Keith

jonbongjovi

Post by jonbongjovi » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:13 am

Hey Keith,

So basically I have 2 MIDI tracks each with an operator.

I was attempting to have the MIDI track with the build operator do the bass drop by reducing the sustain on the envelope.. it doesnt seem to give the same effect (because its a white noise wave?) so I added in another MIDI track with an operator and a sine wave and it gives the drop effect i want. The problem I'm having is it doesnt really sound like a smooth transition from the end of the build to the drop.. I'm not sure why because the build track ends at the exact time the drop track starts..

Quantize

Post by Quantize » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Jon,

Without hearing the track it's hard to know why they might not be going together. There are some free tutorials here that cover reverb builds and also one about delays that might help you out : http://www.quantizecourses.com/pages.php/?cat=3

If you still can't get them to work together upload some audio and i'll take a listen for you :-)

Cheers.

Keith