Trouble Opening Plug Ins

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Lunax

Trouble Opening Plug Ins

Post by Lunax » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:34 pm

I have the demo version of Ableton and i try to open some effects or synthesizers in Ableton but it would only open a couple and not all of them and they are all DLL files and i don't see why ableton doesnt open all the ones i choose. Sometimes it will just close on me because i tried to open a certain file into it. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

EdRyan

Re: Trouble Opening Plug Ins

Post by EdRyan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:38 am

Without wanting to cause a possible insult.

Are these legitimate plugins or cracked. I know that these cracked versions tend to be unreliable. I tried a few on a pc with Live.. and they would break. But since I'm a changed man and bought the stuff I use...never a problem since.

Lunax

Post by Lunax » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:52 am

Yes they are cracked unfortunetly. but it opens like 2 plug ins out of the 20 in a folder ( and all 20 are cracked). and they did open in the cracked version of fl. i did consider that it might be because their cracked i was just wondering if their could be any other reasons.

EdRyan

Post by EdRyan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:00 am

That will cause you a lot of hassles. The cracks normally suffer from poor memory leaks. This can often leave them unreliable. Similarly if you are using a cracked version of Live as well. That will suffer the same problems. Each daw handles plungin support and security differently. And each app will be cracked differently as well. Someone might have done a better job with one then the other. An example would be someone modifying a demo version to be fully usable. Or simply working out how to generate fake keys. Both are cracks. But work differently.

I won't preach about cracked software. However you can't expect help from devs and users because they won't have the same problems. If you buy what you use. less problems and proper support.

Lunax

Post by Lunax » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:34 am

Im planning on buying the full version of Ableton Live, its just most synthesizers and audio effects are very expensive but id rather pay then have the hassle of cracked software. Thanks for the help

EdRyan

Post by EdRyan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Yeah I can appreciate that against things we need, buying music software, or music, or films etc doesn't feature that highly.

My advice. Look round for 2nd hand copies or special deals. KVR is a good place to look for software. And sites such as Audiomidi do some ridiculous deals. AA Ultra Analogue and String studio, PSP Nitro, RP Delay all went on sale for silly money. At the moment they are doing Big Tick Rhino for $20. It's seriously worth a look. Infact the Audiomidi deal is very good. You get the installers to both pc & mac (normally you only get to pick a license for one) and 3 additional soundbanks.

Might be a good synth to start off your buying.