Question about recorded samples

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
c33

Question about recorded samples

Post by c33 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:26 am

I’m still fairly new to Ableton so I don’t have a ton of sets and projects yet, but I probably spent about an hour yesterday deleting a couple gigabytes worth of wave files from the library > samples > recorded folder (horrible vocal takes and so on from sets I’d already ditched and deleted). And even though I currently have 800+ GB of hard drive space on this computer, I’m pretty meticulous about keeping things cleaned up.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to adjust my settings so that when I delete a set, all the audio I recorded gets deleted, too?

luddy

Re: Question about recorded samples

Post by luddy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:48 pm

If you save the Live set before beginning recording, then Live will put the recorded sample in the Samples directory within the project itself rather than in the global temp location. That way you can use the Manage Files thing to identify unused samples and delete them etc.

-Luddy

c33

Re: Question about recorded samples

Post by c33 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks, luddy! I'll do that from now on.

This should also make it easier for me to transfer the audio in sets from one computer to another.