Why is Midi Control not showing up in arrangement view?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mbira

Why is Midi Control not showing up in arrangement view?

Post by mbira » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

I'm wanting to automate the Midi Ctrl parameters for something in the arrangement view, but that option doesn't show up in the drop down-just Ext. Instrument and Mixer...why?? And how do I work around this???
Thanks!

mbira

Re: Why is Midi Control not showing up in arrangement view?

Post by mbira » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Is there really no way to do this?

Let me clarify:
I have a midi track with an "external instrument".

In the session view I am able to edit the envelopes from the midi ctrl dropdown, but the dropdown doesn't show up in arrangement view...

Ean Weichsel

Post by Ean Weichsel » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi!

Double-click the clip you want to edit (in Arrange-Mode) then on the bottom of your window (next to the note-symbol) there is an E or Envelope.

Above "Pitch Control" there are 2 boxes - select MIDI Ctrl from the upper one.

Midi Control Automation is not accessible from the Automation View in Arrange mode as far as I know.

But you can always create an empty clip and put your automation in there (in the Clip-View).

Ean

mbira

Post by mbira » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:26 am

Dang-why in the world would they not let you edit Midi control automation in arrange view? I use those elements all the time to build up arrangements...The only difference is that now I am actually learning about arrange view instead of doing all my arranging in the session view...

Seems like a no-brainer.