Unable to get Remote 25 SL buttons to map as focus buttons

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
samtastic

Unable to get Remote 25 SL buttons to map as focus buttons

Post by samtastic » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:14 am

Unable to get Novation Remote 25 SL buttons to map as focus buttons

hey all,

I'm using the Novation Remote 25 SL (mk1) in my live set.

on the left-hand side of the controller, I'm using the second row of buttons as focus buttons. So pushing them will cause the blue control hand to move to a particular rack, and then the 8 auto-mapping knobs above can control the rack or device.

However, I'd like to use the top row of buttons for the same purpose (so that I can focus on even more separate parts of my live set-up).

I just cannot get the top row of buttons to function the same as the bottom row. Below are my midi preferences for the Remote SL25:

then down to the next section.......track..........sync.........remote
input midi ports: remote sl port 1..... on..........off............on
..............................remore sl port 2.....on..........off............on
..............................remote sl port 3......off..........off............off
output midi ports:remote sl port 1.....on..........on...........off
...............................remote sl port 2.....off..........off............off
...............................remote sl port 3.....off..........off............off

I'd really like all the buttons to work as midi CC toggles, causing Ableton to focus on specific devices and racks, but to continue using the endless-encoders as automap pots for the selected device.

I've tried different settings in the AutoMapServer software also, but it hasn't helped. I can't get the top row of buttons to function as regular midi cc buttons!

if anyone has any ideas of what I'm doing wrong, please speak up : )

regards,
Sam