help with sampler please?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
dougiealonso

help with sampler please?

Post by dougiealonso » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:30 pm

OK. I'm reasonably new to Ableton. Using a PC, in sampler, I can create and crop a sample of 4 or 8 bars and play the loop by pressing the A key, but does anyone know how i can use this part as i would use an audio file so it loops itself and can be speeded up and down so it would fit exactly with other audio files and other samples which arent the same tempo?

cheers

oddstep

Re: help with sampler please?

Post by oddstep » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:58 pm

why do you want it in sampler rather than just using a warped audio clip

interpolate

Post by interpolate » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:03 pm

dougiealonso wrote:OK. I'm reasonably new to Ableton. Using a PC, in sampler, I can create and crop a sample of 4 or 8 bars and play the loop by pressing the A key, but does anyone know how i can use this part as i would use an audio file so it loops itself and can be speeded up and down so it would fit exactly with other audio files and other samples which arent the same tempo?

cheers
Just drop the audio file into a block in the session view. Make sure "warp" is enabled. From there you can specify the length (4 or 8 bars), and there is a transpose knob that will allow you to pitch the audio up and down and maintain the same sample duration.

If you specifically need it in sampler, I'd still do the above mentioned method, but after finding all the pitches you need, render each and drag it into a sampler. Honestly though, as the above poster mentioned, you don't need sampler to do this sort of thing.
Ableton Suite 8 & Max4Live

dougiealonso

Post by dougiealonso » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:50 pm

yeah i think i know what you mean

sorry, like i said i'm quite new to ableton

thanks a lot :D