Sidechain always selecting the same channel?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
giomi.casu

Sidechain always selecting the same channel?

Post by giomi.casu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi,

I have a question?

At this moment my compressor is set default to Sidechain mode, so when I drag a compressor to a channel it's set default to sidechain mode.

This all works fine for me, but is it possible that it always select the same channel where it's getting its Audio from?

For example: I have a template, and my first channel is always my sidechain trigger (a muted kick) and if I Sidechain something it's 99.99% from channel 1.
So it would speed my production up a lot!

I already know you can't set it to default in the standard Ableton options, but maybe there's some kind of script for it?

Thanks

Yoseph

Re: Sidechain always selecting the same channel?

Post by Yoseph » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Set up a return track to handle all of your sidechaining. That way, it's audio in is alway set to the kick you want. Send any track you want to be sidechained and set its output to SENDS ONLY. You can even send another return track to do this. Here's a pseudo template:

Click for fullsize.

giomi.casu

Re: Sidechain always selecting the same channel?

Post by giomi.casu » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:07 am

Yoseph wrote:Set up a return track to handle all of your sidechaining. That way, it's audio in is alway set to the kick you want. Send any track you want to be sidechained and set its output to SENDS ONLY. You can even send another return track to do this. Here's a pseudo template:

Click for fullsize.
Yes I figured that out, but the problem is that I want different settings (like treshold and ratio).

My sidechain settings are often different…