Begginer : Launchpad Problems

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
epoci

Begginer : Launchpad Problems

Post by epoci » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:18 am

Hey, I recently bought Ableton Launchpad and I'm having few very frustrating problems with it.

1st thing, I downloaded it's driver and automap 4.2, but I can't access "Edit Mapping" option in automap, I can select launchpad in it, but it wouldn't let me click on edit mapping.

2nd thing I believe is closely related to automap not working properly, because I go to User 1 and try to map equalizers in the full lines vertically, but after I do it, when i press any of the buttons, all of the equalizers respond. And the lights aren't working on my mappings? Although it's probably automap too

Any Ideas why my automap is acting weird?
I didn't get to install launchpad in Software Setup, it's not there, but it is on "Mixer Plig-ins/Mapping"
Any help would be really appreciated :)

yur2die4

Re: Begginer : Launchpad Problems

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Map horizontally. There is no feedback on fading parameters.

tiar

Post by tiar » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Don`t know about automap, but with native Ableton mapping you can map horizontaly (if it`s working wrong way, just rev. range). As stated up, you don`t get feedback on parameters in rows nativly. There was Katapult software one day when you could create a template with such highlighting, don`t now if it`s still under developement.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:54 pm

For automap, I go into it via the Launchpad by holding one of the User buttons (forget which one) and hitting the arrow that is labelled View. You should be able to access it with Live opened or not, as long as the Automap software is open.

hephenstawking

Post by hephenstawking » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:19 pm

** I can't access "Edit Mapping" option in automap, I can select launchpad in it, but it wouldn't let me click on edit mapping. **
I'm having this problem as well, even when i open it using the user button + view button it just says : No software detected please run software set-up. Unfortunately launchpad is not an option to set up in that menu. However, it is set as the "focus device" and the picture appears in the "Edit Mapping" screen. (albiet the edit mapping button is unclickable)

Thanks for any help!

Patman27

Post by Patman27 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:22 am

Hate to repeat the same 'ol song and dance, but...

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem, and after about two hours scouring the net, I have yet to find a solution. I've tried re-installing and un-installing both Automap 4.2 and 3.7 countless times, re-installed my Launchpad drivers, rebooted a handful of times, and even mucked around with the files, trying to copy the "MIDIOut.automap" to my AppData storage folder under the directory specified by the user guide. I'm at a brick wall...

Any ideas?

alexl_novation

Post by alexl_novation » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing.

First of all, please ensure that you have at least one MIDI channel enabled in the Advanced section of Automap's Software Setup. Once you have done this you should be able edit the mapping for both the Nocturn and Launchpad.

When you are assigning a range of Launchpad buttons to a single parameter, please ensure you are in 'user 2' mode.

Best regards,
Alex Lucas

Novation Technical Support
www.novationmusic.com