Audio not recording

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jaspr7

Audio not recording

Post by jaspr7 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 pm

hi all. I've been using Live 8 for about a month and a half with no problems. I recently went to open one of my live sets and all of a sudden Live becomes unusable. The playback button won't work, the global record button won't work either. I can neither arm the audio nor midi...and the whole DAW lags really badly. I messed around with the settings and I changed my driver from ASIO to MME/DirectX and now I can playback tracks and record MIDI (with some latency) but I still cannot record audio! My audio interface picks up the signals and I can hear the live sound when I play my instrument but Live doesn't recognize the audio signals nor does it let me record. I have a focusrite sapphire 6 usb audio interface with yamaha hs50m monitors. I'm running windows xp 32 via athlon dual core 2.1 ghz with 2 gb of RAM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Der_Makrophag

Re: Audio not recording

Post by Der_Makrophag » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Are you sure, that your interface is working properly (on other software maybe)?
Maybe there is a driver update at focusrite, that you could try?
My English is not perfect, I know... Sorry about that.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S. to wishlist forum users: Please search for former requests. Otherwise they will be splitted into many small ones and we are loosing impact!!!

jaspr7

Re: Audio not recording

Post by jaspr7 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:37 am

yea my interface plays back audio fine. Ableton lets me use MME but not ASIO. I updated all the drivers...I feel like I've tried everything and seems like a lot of other people on this forum have the same problem with no answer. =(