URGENT!!! Live crashes when rendering + deadline!!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Billdesman

URGENT!!! Live crashes when rendering + deadline!!!

Post by Billdesman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help me out with my problem. I have a track which I have been working on for the past few days. I wanted to render it for the first time today, but once I hit render, it crashes. When I restart, I can add tracks, instruments and do the whole nine yards, but it still crashes when I try to render. Also, I tried to save as a different file name, but that didn't help either.
Has anyone had this problem before? I really need help because this is a track for a remix contest which has to be submitted by feb 4th.
Please help me!

My setup is:
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running Snow Leopard
I have live 7.0.18.
No soundcard or controller or whatever connected atm.

I have uploaded the track here. Some tracks might not work due to the plugins used, but if it renders on another system, I know that the problem is then in my system.
http://cl.ly/2E3q1h2F2n45051M1D08

Thanks!

Billdesman

Re: URGENT!!! Live crashes when rendering + deadline!!!

Post by Billdesman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Freezing tracks also doesn't work.

mahkitah

Post by mahkitah » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Can you play the track in Live without crashing? Then you could just record the output with a recording program or hardware recorder.
Not ideal, but better than nothing.

btw. you should upload the whole project, not just the .als file. Without the samples there's not much to be tested.

Billdesman

Post by Billdesman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:06 am

mahkitah wrote:Can you play the track in Live without crashing? Then you could just record the output with a recording program or hardware recorder.
Not ideal, but better than nothing.
Yeah, I thought of that. I will also do that if nothing else works. Thanks
mahkitah wrote:btw. you should upload the whole project, not just the .als file. Without the samples there's not much to be tested.
Thanks. I wanted to do that. However, my samples are located on a different drive, and when I do collect all and save, it also crashes. I cant remember by heart where the samples were that I used. The only ones I have available are the stems of the remix contest. I'll upload those somewhere (crap, can't use megaupload). I'll try rapidshare then:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1942707103 ... roject.zip

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 am

If it still doesn't work, you can resample into Live, then open the new file in another app to do the conversion.

Create a new track in Live and set its input to Resampling, which will record whatever comes out of Live's Master Out. Input mode doesn't matter, but I do recommend muting the track so you won't blare out 2 copies of your track if you play back after Resampling. Record enable the new track, turn on master record and play back your whole track. It should get recorded to the new track in Arrangement view.

Right Click/Ctrl + Click the new recording clip and select Show in Browser. Live will open the browser and highlight the new recording audio file. Right Click/Ctrl + Click it and select Show in Finder. Finder will open a window with the file selected. You can copy it out or open it from another app to do the final editing and conversion.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:53 am

For Live crashing during render, you should try repairing your disk permissions and verifying your disk from Disk Utility. Do your resampling and back up your machine before verifying the HD, I had a bad issue where, once Disk Utility found my HD filesystem had issues, I couldn't boot from it anymore.

Also, give Onyx a try http://www.onyxmac.com/. It can both repair your permissions and execute the Mac's periodic Maintenance Scripts. Running it has stopped odd behavior in my machine a few times.

If all else fails, try trashing Live's Preferences.cfg file. It's located in ~/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live (version). It sometimes can get corrupted, causing issues in Live. If none of this works, contact Support.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:57 am

if it's urgent phone support in Berlin - this forum is for users only

Billdesman

Post by Billdesman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:06 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:For Live crashing during render, you should try repairing your disk permissions and verifying your disk from Disk Utility. Do your resampling and back up your machine before verifying the HD, I had a bad issue where, once Disk Utility found my HD filesystem had issues, I couldn't boot from it anymore.

Also, give Onyx a try http://www.onyxmac.com/. It can both repair your permissions and execute the Mac's periodic Maintenance Scripts. Running it has stopped odd behavior in my machine a few times.

If all else fails, try trashing Live's Preferences.cfg file. It's located in ~/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live (version). It sometimes can get corrupted, causing issues in Live. If none of this works, contact Support.
So I had to do the "If all else fails" trick, but it worked! Thanks alot!