Mapping Devices Problem! HELP!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
xoclipse06

Mapping Devices Problem! HELP!

Post by xoclipse06 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:52 am

Hi everyone. I got a issue with MIDI Mapping. Ive tried to do this in multiple instances with Effects and Instruments both are having the same problem.

Im trying to map an effect that I have on the master fader. Once for the Dry/Wet, and Secondly for the device to turn off once I have returned the knob to the zero positioon. I have it working where it turns off when i drop it to zero, and the dry/wet increases as I do so, BUT!, the dry wet jumps nearly to 100% after I leave zero and try to turn the effect on, giving it a non smooth entry to the effect.

Im also trying to do the same thing with an VST effect rack I have built using the chain selector to turn on one device while it turns off the others. Works great, exept the same thing happens and it jumps to midi message 127! WTF

hah if anyone can help me out it will help me save valuable CPU load!

-Mallet Pallet

NPC

Re: Mapping Devices Problem! HELP!

Post by NPC » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 pm

My hint would be: (step by step so i don't miss things)
1) create audio effect rack
2) create 2 chains in it: one "dry" one "wet"
3) put the effect you want in the 2nd one (obvious i know!)
4) highlight the chain selector and set the chains as follows:
dry chain: big blue line 0-3; little cyan line above it 0-1;
wet chain: big blue line 2-127; cyan line 3-127;
5) go to Map Mode:
map the Dry/Wet knob of the effect to Macro 1 - range 0%/100%
map the on/off button of the effect to Macro 1 - range 1/127 (maybe 2/127 or 3/127 if your controller is a bit unstable)
map the chain selector to Macro 1 - range 0/127

this way the gap you hear in the chain selector step where the effect is turned on plays in the "wet" chain while the "dry" is still heard, but you still save cpu by having the effect turned off when the macro knob is at its leftmost position..
you can tweak at will the relative positions of blue and cyan lines in the selector to obtain smoother results.
don't know if its very clear, but..feel free to ask if it is not!
hope it helps
cheers
MBP 13", Live Suite 8.2.7, Remote SL 25, LaunchPad, SL mkii 49, APC 20, Access Virus A, OctaTrack, MachineDrum, Blofeld...