SF2 - is there a way to use it in Live (besides Sampler)?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Centennialite

SF2 - is there a way to use it in Live (besides Sampler)?

Post by Centennialite » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:15 pm

At the moment I am using Live 8.2.7. I have hundreds of old SF2s I would like to open/import somehow (especially for drum kits), and I see references to Sampler being able to import them. I don't have Sampler in my version of Live. Is there another way to use SF2s in Live? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

solger

Re: SF2 - is there a way to use it in Live (besides Sampler)?

Post by solger » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Centennialite wrote:At the moment I am using Live 8.2.7. I have hundreds of old SF2s I would like to open/import somehow (especially for drum kits), and I see references to Sampler being able to import them. I don't have Sampler in my version of Live. Is there another way to use SF2s in Live? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
You could use a (external) VST plugin to load the soundfonts.

Here you might find something useful:
http://www.dskmusic.com/category/samplers/
http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?plug-ins=SF2/Wav

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:47 pm

I believe some vst's let you load it. Some may be free. Kvr.com would probably be a good place to start :)

Centennialite

Post by Centennialite » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:49 am

Thanks very much. After posting this question I found SFZ Player as a possibility, but again, no idea how to get it to work with Live (I've tried).

I will try these suggestions and report back. Thanks again.

Vios

Post by Vios » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 pm

SFZ soundfont player works great for me in Live. How isn't it working? Is it not showing up in your VSTs? Not loading?

The only problem I have with SFZ is that when I have more than one instance the second one likes to blip the audio the first one is playing. Also trying to play two at the same time will often cause 'explosions' (literally randomly shooting what sounds like white noise out at +30dB). I get around this by freezing most of my tracks that use SFZ.

Centennialite

Post by Centennialite » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:47 pm

No, the VST shows up okay - it's just that I don't know what to do with it once it's in there. I can't pull the SF2s into it, and if I try, Live pops up and tells me I need Sampler. :(

However, I did get one to work: DSK SF2. Thanks so much for that suggestion! I just need to work with it a bit, but I think it will do fine. :) So, problem solved! (Thanks.)