BPM question?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Lettuce

BPM question?

Post by Lettuce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:48 am

I am a newbie. I have a question about BPM in ableton live 8. when I start a new project, the first thing I do is changed the global BPM next to the metronome. When I start writing clips they automatically convert to what I changed the global BPM setting to. When I save my project, and then I go back to work on it, the global setting is still at 125 bpm, however now each clip is now at 120??????????????? this is very strange!! why is this!>>????? when I attempt to change the clip bpm, it F###cks everything up in the arrangement view. PLEASE HELP ME!

thanks, Michael

Lettuce

Re: BPM question?

Post by Lettuce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:41 pm

anyone? thanks!

dtrue17

Post by dtrue17 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:44 pm

just throwing an idea out there, since nobody has responded...

write your clip at the bpm you want (125bpm) and set the out of that track to the in of another. set record to the 2nd track. use that as a sample when using the clip from then on. Sorry if this doesn't work, I'm not at my studio to try it first

as for why that's happening to you, I'm not sure :(
Ableton Live 8.2.8
Roland TD-3SW Drum Kit
ASUS G-series, Intel i7 2.8Ghz, 6GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Vios

Post by Vios » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 pm

When you insert audio clips in Live it assumes that they're the same BPM as you originally inserted them at. This is really just Ableton's "best guess" as to their original BPM. Since you inserted them at 120 BPM this is Ableton's best guess. This won't affect how they sound.