Setting up M-AUDIO FAST TRACK PRO for first time. Pls Help!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
SyntheticPop

Setting up M-AUDIO FAST TRACK PRO for first time. Pls Help!

Post by SyntheticPop » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 am

Hi,

I am setting up the M Audio FTP and not sure how to get sound working. I also want to be able to use my headphones as a monitor and can only achieve monitor sound with my mic in input 1. I have the latest drivers, also have MAC OS 10.7.2. I am using a Shure SM57 mic plugged in to input 1 (on the front of the device) using an XLR3 female/male mic plug. On input 2, I have my guitar plugged in and that goes from XLR input (on front of device) to my guitar 1/4 inch plug. I want to get the correct settings in Ableton. I am just fooling around with the settings and can see that both inputs are recognized because I can see the pickup meter rise when I strum and talk in the mic. I just don't know the appropriate drop down settings for both of my AUDIO TRACKS i have created. Can anyone help? I have made sure that my Sound settings in APPLE OS are set to M Audio Fast Track Pro, so that is the master. I also have set the input/output Sound Preferences inside of Ableton to both M-Audio Fast Track Pro, but am not able to get sound from the mic or the guitar.

Can someone please help? Hopefully this is clear to read. Thank you in advance.

Brian