Unprogrammed pitch change to samples in Drum Rack - pls help

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Whatcode

Unprogrammed pitch change to samples in Drum Rack - pls help

Post by Whatcode » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi,

Hi,

In one my tunes the samples hits in Drum Rack are changing pitch. Interestingly the pitch changes aren't random - ie they repeat on each loop. One sample will go up and then come back down, and so forth. Another changes pitch and throws in a few extra hits in the sequence!

I have no channel FX on the Drum Rack track apart from a compressor. The only other thing I'm doing is sending some of the signal to a reverb on a return track. That's it. There's no pitch modulation happening or any velocity-controlled pitch change enabled within the relevant simplers. It doesn't happen in any of my other tunes in Ableton.

Can anybody suggest what might be causing this?!

dtrue17

Re: Unprogrammed pitch change to samples in Drum Rack - pls help

Post by dtrue17 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 pm

what version of ableton are you using? 7, 8? Live, Full?

You probably already did this, but make sure the pitch in the clip envelope is normalized. also look at the envelope under "Midi Ctr>all Midi parameters" for another pitch automation

also check your automation envelope pitch is set at zero (if using arrangement view).

This happened to me with the Intro software with some of Ableton's built in instruments, but with panning. I never found a simple fix and assumend it was just another 'color' of their premade instruments.
Ableton Live 8.2.8
Roland TD-3SW Drum Kit
ASUS G-series, Intel i7 2.8Ghz, 6GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Whatcode

Post by Whatcode » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Hey thanks a lot for your reply. Turns out I had some volume automation going on in the clip. Duh!

Sorry for the dumbass question.

Thanks!

dtrue17

Post by dtrue17 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 pm

No problem. I bet you're glad it was something simple and not something you can't fix. :D
Ableton Live 8.2.8
Roland TD-3SW Drum Kit
ASUS G-series, Intel i7 2.8Ghz, 6GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit