Live Crashes When Adding Warp Marker

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
patrick.olson86

Live Crashes When Adding Warp Marker

Post by patrick.olson86 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 pm

So, I was working on a track this morning with my friend and we have a lot of wavs recorded. I used Maschine as a vst to route all of the drum sounds (so, there are about 7 drum tracks, in wav form), and we also recorded live bass. On the live bass clips I had to warp the audio to get it to fit just right, so there are a handful of clips with lots of warp markers.

This is when we recorded live guitar. I cropped a piece of my playing in clip view to loop over (or duplicate in arrangement view), but wanted to warp it so my first note was on the 1. This is where trouble happened. When inserting a warp marker near the 1.1.1 point Live would freeze up then crash. I first thought it was due to the CPU overload (with maschine vst it was around 40-50%), so I removed maschine. I also froze all the other tracks (not sure if that even helps, since they're wav files to begin with) and my CPU load dropped down to 10% or less. Great! I though.. but then I tried the same thing, crashed again. And again, and again...

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I missing something here? Could it be because I already have a lot of warp markers on other tracks causing the audio engine to overload in Live? I'd think my machine could handle it with 2.1 ghz and 2.5 GB of RAM..

Please help! I want to finish this track! I still have lead guitar and a second rhythm to record!

patrick.olson86

Re: Live Crashes When Adding Warp Marker

Post by patrick.olson86 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:23 pm

BUMP!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:14 pm

I don't think this is an issue for anyone else. What version are you using? If you have a live 8 licence then make sure you are running the latest version. Otherwise I would submit a bug report ticket to Ableton.

Vios

Post by Vios » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Best guess is that your audio file is corrupt. A quick workaround might be to do a lossless conversion of your audio file and then use the new file: WAV -> AIFF or MP3 -> WAV, etc.

Or alternatively, record it into another audio track and then try warping that. I'd do it with a utility applied with a very slight volume change just to be sure the recorded track was slightly different.