APC40 Level slider broken ?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
taffmonster

APC40 Level slider broken ?

Post by taffmonster » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 pm

So I just plugged in my APC40 and discovered that for some unbeknownst reason the 3rd slider will go to max but will only go down to -6.3db not to -inf. The physical slider itself seems fine but for some reason ableton won't read it passed -6.3. Very annoying indeed as I can't turn down my 3rd channel. Any idea what might be going on here ?

(I am running latest version of Live on Macbook Pro 2.8i7, 8GB RAM, edirol FA-66 max OSX Lion)

EDIT*
Actually ableton does read the sliders movements from top to bottom but the value increment is messed up so that by the time its reached the bottom its still only at -6.3.
If i move the physical slider from bottom to top the ableton slider moves in sync but with a much small field of movement. (if that makes sense)

taffmonster

Re: APC40 Level slider broken ?

Post by taffmonster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:53 am

Its definitely not hardware.... at least I'm almost certain. It shouldn't work at all. It just seems like the midi map has been affected in some weird way. I tried checking the mapping but its not editable, at least as far as I can tell.

Please please help!

taffmonster

Re: APC40 Level slider broken ?

Post by taffmonster » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 am

bump

sorry I'm having no joy