Ableton Exported Audio Sounds Different!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
IgorCheb

Ableton Exported Audio Sounds Different!

Post by IgorCheb » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:57 am

Yes, I know that this topic had been discussed before but I looked through many threads and couldn't find a fix to this.
I have an acoustic guitar track along with vocals and when I export it, the guitar sounds much brighter and loses much of is rich lower sounds. The vocals respond in the same way. I exported in every option that I could find. I tried all the bit depths and dither options but it still sounds different from how it sounds in Ableton, what in the world can I be doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

lyovino

Re: Ableton Exported Audio Sounds Different!

Post by lyovino » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:42 am

How are you monitoring your mix before bouncing?
When I mix on my monitors it sounds the same, but I did have an issue with phones until I replaced them and now getting a good bounce with phones also.
How does your mix sound with your phones and then to speakers. I would think mixing with your speakers should reveal the same mix after bounce..
What exactly do you hear that's different? If you are mixing with phones and then listening with monitors, you will experience what you are posting.
Last edited by lyovino on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iMac, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 16GB
Yosemite, Live 9.xx Suite (64- bit)
Push, Apogee Ensemble

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 am

What are you using to listen to the rendered file? If you are using a media player app make sure there is no EQ or 3D sound enhancement activated - or possibly if you are using audio interface designed mainly for gaming and multimedia it might have some inbuilt DSP effects like 3d sound that are bypassed by the ASIO driver.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

IgorCheb

Post by IgorCheb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 am

crumhorn wrote:If you are using a media player app make sure there is no EQ or 3D sound enhancement activated
I didn't even think to play it with a different player and it sounds perfect when played from vlc and itunes, why didn't I think of this? Thank you so much for your input of common sense, I can sleep soundly now!

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Result!

glad I could help.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)