Impulse49 + Launchpad Automap questions/issues...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
bootsauce

Impulse49 + Launchpad Automap questions/issues...

Post by bootsauce » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:13 am

Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. Looks like there are a lot of great people helping each other out in here. Always great to see.

That being said, I recently got an Impulse49 and Launchpad all connected with Automap. However, Im not too sure on how its exactly supposed to work - and I wanted to get an idea on how you guys have it set up over here…

My Impulse looks like it can't be controlled via Automap since it says I need to edit it via Live. If that's the case, why is there a learn button? (I know Logic and other programs will be useful for this, but I thought it would be working great for Live)

As far as my launchpad goes, I have no huge issues. I just wanna know if you guys either disable it with Automap or don't use it at all with Automap and only keep it running natively through Live…?

One last question, how do you guys use MIDI channels? I know this might be a subjective question, but I need to have some sort of scenario so I can understand midi channels with my setup a little more…

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!!