Sylenth 1 vst

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mr.to-n-able

Sylenth 1 vst

Post by mr.to-n-able » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 am

Help. Every time I go to load a preset, I cannot preview or cycle through the sounds like I can in reason. The problem with this is that it's way too time consuming to preview sounds and patches I made. It makes it unusable. Any ideas for a workaround?

Basically, I want to press load patch. Then, before accepting one, I want to be able to highlight different ones with a keyboard - testing them on the fly.

cotdagoo

Re: Sylenth 1 vst

Post by cotdagoo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:13 am

Last I checked it takes milliseconds to load a patch in Sylenth1.. Is it really a problem to just load the patch, preview it on your keys, then switch to the next one?

Sounds like more work the way you suggested (loading a patch, then having to accept it vs loading a patch, load next patch, etc..)

dokx

Post by dokx » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:59 am

Use the latest version, 2.2.

Load a bank. With Sylenth in focus, step through the presets with cursor up/down, switch bank number (1-4) by cursor left/right. Couldn't e any easier. You even do not have to press enter for selecting (unlike the Ableton hot switch function which is very tiring when stepping to a lot of presets...)

mr.to-n-able

Post by mr.to-n-able » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:17 am

cotdagoo wrote:Last I checked it takes milliseconds to load a patch in Sylenth1.. Is it really a problem to just load the patch, preview it on your keys, then switch to the next one?

Sounds like more work the way you suggested (loading a patch, then having to accept it vs loading a patch, load next patch, etc..)
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Basically, I have to click menu then locate my patch every time. Then, I have to click it and then play. In reason, I can just highlight and scroll through them. This is invaluable for efficiency, and I wouldn't change it. It's severely impeding my workflow, just because every time I click load patch under menu my previously accessed folder isn't recalled either.

Any help?

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Ideally you should make your own bank of patches, or initialize (init preset in menu) a few presets in the factory bank where you can create your own and be able to scroll through them without loading separate .fxb files.

Unfortunately if you've just got a bunch of .fxb files and load them in, it'll be how you described unless you re-save the bank after loading the preset. Then it should keep it's position in relation to the rest of the patches in the bank, then just skip the next and overwrite with your preset, save, etc.. until all your presets are available in the factory bank to scroll through quickly.

There's also something called 'minihost' which has ASIO and hosts VST plugins and comes with a pretty wicked preset manager which goes far beyond the capabilities of Sylenth1 in terms of organizing/loading/etc.. of patches. Check it out here if you've got windows - http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html

dokx

Post by dokx » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 am

mr.to-n-able wrote:
cotdagoo wrote:Last I checked it takes milliseconds to load a patch in Sylenth1.. Is it really a problem to just load the patch, preview it on your keys, then switch to the next one?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Basically, I have to click menu then locate my patch every time. Then, I have to click it and then play. In reason, I can just highlight and scroll through them. This is invaluable for efficiency, and I wouldn't change it. It's severely impeding my workflow, just because every time I click load patch under menu my previously accessed folder isn't recalled either.

Any help?
Update to the latest version, it has a bunch of shortcuts, including playing withouth clicking (look above).