mods delete - double post

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
AndyG77

mods delete - double post

Post by AndyG77 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:41 pm

I've had my APC 40 and ableton 8.2 for a while now and never had any issues. It works beautifully. However, this weekend I got together with some friends to have a bit of a mess around. They were all using the CDJs and I was on the APC40. Playing 4 or 5 tunes each swapping back and forth and here's where I encountered the problem.

Firstly there was a second delay when fireing off a track so no matter how I tried I was hard to get them in sync straight away. I could get them back in time using the nudge buttons - no problem I carried on. Then when I went to cue up my next track everything was out of time and I didn't know how to get ableton back in sync - had to go back to the CDJs to carry on. Then when I restarted ableton everything was fine.

Anyone have any tips as to how I can get an instant fire on my tracks (I selected none on the top nav - normally have it on 1/4t) but no luck and about generally going back and forth between CDJs etc.

Also, can anyone recommend so nice delay reverb effect - the basic ping pong is a lot quieter when used so changes the volume noticeably and the opposit happens with the flanger.