AKAI Professional MPKmini

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
xCaptainFuSioN

AKAI Professional MPKmini

Post by xCaptainFuSioN » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Hello people :)
Thank You for inviting me to this forum of such an awesome software. But here is my problem.

I researched a LOT, and I still cannot find the way to handle it.

Basically I would like to start making music. I got myself some basic gear, so I thought getting MPKmini will be better than getting two separate products (Midi Keyboard and Pads /w Knobs)

Problem #1: How do I get MPKmini to actually WORK with Ableton (I have 8.2.2) I have seen some preset but it doesn't come with mapping done so I do not know how to use it.

Problem #2: On MPKmini You have a "Arpeggiator" but for some reason it only works for keys, how do I make it work for Pads as well.

Please help me, so I can actually do something.

Thanks in advance !!

Love 2 All

kneptosan

Re: AKAI Professional MPKmini

Post by kneptosan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:59 am

go to preferences, then to midi sync, and make sure your device is in all three fields: control surface, input, and output. open a midi track, set the 'midi from' tab to your device, which should be in the drop down menu. arm the track, and you should be able to get sound when you use the keys and drum pad.
To assign control knobs, you simply click on the 'midi' box in upper right of Live which makes all fields purple. this is the midi map page and whatever knob in Live you click on, if you move a knob, pad, or press a key on the akai, it will assign that knob to the control in Live. Exit this page by clicking midi again for your assignments to take effect.

doghouse

Re: AKAI Professional MPKmini

Post by doghouse » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:02 pm

xCaptainFuSioN wrote:"Arpeggiator" but for some reason it only works for keys, how do I make it work for Pads
You can't use the MPK arpeggiator with the pads