Please Help, Muted Tracks

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
hobbo65

Please Help, Muted Tracks

Post by hobbo65 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:31 pm

OK, I'm a bit of a noob to this program however, for the past few days I've been working my way through a tutorial (creating dubstep), it involves a number of audio and midi tracks. The problem has arisen that randomly(or so I think so) ALL the midi tracks (not the audio tracks) mute. I attempt to play the music yet the line goes through the music and there is NO sound from any of the midi tracks (the audio tracks sound accordingly).

The muting seems to happen when I use an audio effect.

I have a feeling it is something quite simple that I'm either pressing accidentally (maybe a hotkey?) however I have followed the tutorial closely and it involves no muting whatsoever.

Its happened many times now, and I've had to constantly save my work, exit and reopen older files AND then it happens again!

Also I've been using a number of audio effects so I doubt its a specific one because its happened many times.

Help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dtrue17

Re: Please Help, Muted Tracks

Post by dtrue17 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Can you post a pic of your arrangement view when the muting is happening? It could be any number of things. (All channels muted, master track muted, volumes down, quiet track solo'd, etc etc etc) Check everything.
Ableton Live 8.2.8
Roland TD-3SW Drum Kit
ASUS G-series, Intel i7 2.8Ghz, 6GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

hobbo65

Post by hobbo65 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:13 pm

I can't seem to find anything wrong, hopefully you can find something.

hobbo65

Post by hobbo65 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:14 pm

http://tinypic.com/r/qznok4/5

Try to look at this sorry, had to upload the image to some website haha.

Vios

Post by Vios » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 pm

When I've had tracks mute for no good reason, it's usually because an audio effect has crashed. I've never had Live's effects crash. Typically it's been a VST plugin that crashes. When this happens I go through the track effect by effect and disable them until I find the one that's the problem.