Launchpad + midi-mapping, having difficulties

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
DJ.G

Launchpad + midi-mapping, having difficulties

Post by DJ.G » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi all

Am new to both ableton and launchpad but have been getting the hang of things over the past couple days.

I do have one big issue though, when I go to create a midi map of my samples or anything else, I can't seem to get anything into the mapping browser. That is, I can enable midi-mapping mode in Ableton and I can select the sample/effect I want, but when I go to press a key on my launchpad, nothing happens, the sample/effect isn't mapped to that key, nothing appears in the mapping browser and therefore the key pressed has no effect. I've been searching for a while now to try and find an answer but so far no luck.

I'm using Ableton Live 8.2.8, the launchpad edition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

S4racen

Re: Launchpad + midi-mapping, having difficulties

Post by S4racen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:51 pm

You need to enter abletons preferences and set the Launchpad up as input and output remote on in the MIDI section...

Mapping anything on Session Mode will lose you your clip launch functionality with the redbox...

Cheers
D

DJ.G

Post by DJ.G » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for the reply, but the launchpad is set up as the input and output on the midi ports, I followed all the instructions when I first installed it. It works fine for triggering samples and creating midi tracks in user 1 mode, just not midi mapping.

Any other advice?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:53 pm

What are you trying to midi map then??

Cheers
D

DJ.G

Post by DJ.G » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Was following a video tutorial about beat repeat, the guy in it uses midi mapping to control how fast the beat is repeated, he basically turns user 2 mode into a dial by mapping the ''grid'' function of beat repeat across a whole row. Basically as he runs up and down the row he can control how fast the beat is repeated.

I couldn't midi map because it won't let me associate the ''grid'' function with a row.

Cheers

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 pm

As S4 suggested, in MIDI Preferences, in the bottom section. Make sure that te Launchpad has the option for "Remote" turned On.