Random unmapping APC20

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mathew

Random unmapping APC20

Post by mathew » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:07 am

Earlier my track 1 fader became unmapped. I have been messing about with another midi controller doing some mappings so I figured it was that, but when I looked through the mappings, nothing was there. The little triangular fader level marker was turned black, but no mapping.

I ended up just mapping it via midi, ch1 cc#7 and that caused a conflict with my other controller. I changed the other controllers value to channel 2 cc#7 and the conflict ceased. I undid the controller mapping for fader 1 and noticed that fader 2 stopped working, but channel 1 fixed itself.

I did restart my system in a few different ways, and when my default live set opened, of course everything work like it should, just not in the set I am working on.

Ideas?
accepting the problem will only make it go away.
Not Boyfriend Material

mathew

Re: Random unmapping APC20

Post by mathew » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:55 am

ARGH...

So, I think I know what is going on, but I don't know how to fix it. I can replicate it though.

On my BCR2000, one of my knobs is on channel 2, CC#7 (CH2CC7). It controls a delay or something.
Since I could not get my apc20's line fader 2 to automap, I needed to link it via midimap. This caused a conflict in that when I hit the fader, it made my delay fx move, along with my fader.
So I changed the channel that the BCR's knob was using to CH3CC7. Are you with me so far? Except now my APC's fader 3 won't work.

I move the brc's knob back to CH1CC7 and guess what? Now APC F1 does not work. :) Keep in mind mothing is mapped via midi on my APC anymore, just using the automapping.

Help!
Not Boyfriend Material

mathew

Re: Random unmapping APC20

Post by mathew » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks to Rabalder for a little help.
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177295
Rabalder wrote:I dont remember which channels the APC operates with, but if you set all the knobs on your BCR to channel 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 or 13 or 14 or 15 or 16 it shouldnt be a problem.

Every time I upped the channel on the bcr, I had a conflict with the corresponding apc fader i.e. midi channel 2 on the bcr wiped out fader 2 on the apc, and so on.

I went up to channel 9 on the bcr and it was fixed. so... watch out for that.
Not Boyfriend Material