Hi! I need some advice!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
tastypants

Hi! I need some advice!

Post by tastypants » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 am

Hey ableton people! This is my first post here (finally my forum account was authorized ^.^), and I don't know what the community is like...( I'm wondering if I'm going to get flammed/trolled) : )

Here's the situation.. I got ableton a few months ago and I absolutely love it. But I'm still a novice.

I got the basics down.. through reading up on stuff / vlogs /online lessons.. but then again idk what I would even consider 'basic'

But I just don't know how to get going ... This is my first time doing anything actually "musical"

I really would love to make heavy bass music. Electro songs... and then progress from there to my own "genre"... I just don't know where to begin..

Any tips/pointers that got you going on this wonderful program?!

oh and another thing...im quite surprised with the ableton support group.. they have been so helpful with issues i have had with ableton and etc.. ^.^
The Brotherhood Shall Prevail

scottiedo

Re: Hi! I need some advice!

Post by scottiedo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 am

Find some videos on creating or recreating songs and patches. You will learn a lot by watching how someone else creates songs or sounds. Copy them and make your own tweaks along the way.