UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
When I run the Virus VST inside of Live Intro, the sound quality and responsiveness are compromised and even worse, it decides to make Buck Rogers ray gun sounds at random as if the patch were mono with portamento and a key were pressed two octaves below, as well as set the oscillators adrift. The keyboard works fine when Live isn't running, but as soon as I try to use it in Live, all hell breaks loose. I've got the output set to Output 1 L+R instead of USB in the Virus VST, and have tried it with and without the LIVE" button activated (in the VST, that is). I've also set the audio input and output to Built-in Input/Output in Live so that, theoretically there's no audio traffic over the USB cable, all to no avail. Fortunately for me, I have an old MOTU 828 that I think is still usable, so that's going to be my next move. I'd like to be able to use one USB cable for both audio and MIDI, but it certainly doesn't look like that's going to work. I think I can still use the Virus VST for MIDI, but I've got a bad feeling about that. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem? I'd be grateful for any help. I sold my MOTU MIDI interface, so if using the VST for MIDI only doesn't work, I'm hosed.
I run Virus Control inside live 8 without any problems. I can switch between using the Virus or my Asus Dx as the soundcard. I use the virus usb audio outputs so that all the audio goes through live. I have a PC running Vista 32 bit OS. I can only recommend that you visit the Access websit user forum for tips on setting up and connecting your Virus to your computer. I believe that it is important to connect the Virus to an unshared USB port.
Thanks for your reply. I'm working with support at Access and with Ableton to try to resolve the issue. I'm not sure I have any but to connect to a shared port, but I'm hoping I can turn off the Front Row IR receiver (iMac) which is currently sharing the bus. The problem does seem to be ameliorated by turning on "Multicore/Multiprocesor Re-Wire" on the CPU tab of Preferences, but it could just be coincidence.