The 'hand' Icon in arrangement view when.....

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Lettuce

The 'hand' Icon in arrangement view when.....

Post by Lettuce » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:45 pm

I was just wondering what this little hand icon means? Seems like I cant change parameters everything is greyed out???? Kind of strange. I unhooked my keyboard and still greyed out. Strange.

yur2die4

Re: The 'hand' Icon in arrangement view when.....

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:15 am

Things are usually only grayed out if either, the parameter is inactive, or assigned to a macro knob (in which case it would be in a rack).

The blue hand is to give you instant control of certain parameters on the selected device.

Setup involves using the Control Surface section in Midi Preferences. You either need a supported controller or to create a script for your controller.

EDIT: I may be referring to something different... Sorry to be misleading haha

Lettuce

Post by Lettuce » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:50 pm

No sorry, this is a different hand. The one Im talking about is Grey and acts as the cursor when panning over things after they have been modulated in arrangement, which doesnt let me continue to do so. Kind of wierd. It's NOT the blue blue hand.

lol

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Is that on a Mac? It may be one of their cursors. Closest I can think of is the Back to Arrangement button.

If you adjust something after you've already recorded automation, you are moving that parameter away from that Spot in the timeline.

Lettuce

Post by Lettuce » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:26 pm

PC, seems like after my modulation in arrangement view the one setting I was using is now locked and a grey hand appears and wont let me do anymore modulation, and everything else is greyed out (the whole time signature, where your parameters were changed.)

screen shot below:

Mage2k

Post by Mage2k » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:21 am

I agree with yur2die4, it sounds like you've manually moved a parameter that is being automated in Arrangement View. Is the Back to Arrangement button lit?