using ableton in a live/concert setting....audio cuts out

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
simpleisbliss88

using ableton in a live/concert setting....audio cuts out

Post by simpleisbliss88 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:28 am

so i usually use audio samples in ableton live for live performances with my band..mostly audio clips from movies as ambience in between songs in our set. I run them in this order....laptop with samples>midi/audio box>DI unit or PA at venue. Ive noticed that almost every single time...at some point...the audio just cuts out in the middle of the samples...i dont understand why. I thought that maybe the gain needed to be turned up a bit on the PA channel it was going to but that didnt work either. it isnt too noticeable but its for like...5-10 seconds...the audio/volume just cuts...then comes right back! i dont understand this...any advice??

also...my buddy whos pretty pro with ableton said he thinks it could be the audio output on the interface box im using. gonna try another one today and see if that works.

scottiedo

Re: using ableton in a live/concert setting....audio cuts out

Post by scottiedo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:47 am

when it cuts out does the volume meter in Live cut out as well?
You are going to have to find the broken link. Usually its bad hardware. a cable, DI, interface etc.